Tuesday 24 April 2012

My mother makes prickly pear pastries


My mother makes prickly pear pastries
My mother makes prickly pear pastries.
My mother makes prickly pear pies.
She's known for her prickly pear donuts
and flavorful prickly pear fries.

She sometimes makes prickly pear muffins
or prickly pear cookies and cakes.
She likes making prickly pear pizzas
and prickly pear smoothies and shakes.

I'll bet she could write a whole cookbook
with all kinds of prickly pear food.
I'm sure you'd have no trouble guessing
what every last page would include.

I might even like her concoctions,
and wouldn't just snicker and scoff,
if once in a while she'd remember
to take all the prickly parts off.

Kenn Nesbitt



April 26: Poem in your pocket day. http://librarypathwaysandfootprints.blogspot.ca/2011/04/april-poetry-month-bulletin-board-we.html